InFocus YXE Contest Rules
1. Eligibility: Each InFocus YXE Contest is open to legal residents of Canada. Each Contest is subject to federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Melius Terra Media and Events’ Employees, as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in each InFocus YXE Contest.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is knowYXE, operated by Melius Terra Media and Events (“Sponsor”), located at 131 Riel Crescent, Saskatoon, SK. The Sponsor will conduct each InFocus YXE contest substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering one of the InFocus YXE Contests, the entrant (“You”) agrees to
abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding
in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any
time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering an InFocus YXE Contest, you represent and warrant that you are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of the InFocus YXE Contest.
4. Each InFocus YXE Contest begins when presented live on air and concludes when the host(s) selects a winner during the broadcast (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for each InFocus YXE Contest, entries must be received within the specified entry period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter an InFocus YXE Contest by commenting on knowYXE’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/knowyxe) or YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBASsxuSj207zLgkd8qo3_w) during the broadcast of InFocus YXE. As a participant, your entry must fully meet all InFocus YXE Contest requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules, will not be entered into the contest.
Fraudulent methods of entry or circumvention of the rules may result in the Sponsor invalidating your entries and removing them from the specified InFocus YXE Contest at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prizes: The Winner of each InFocus YXE Contest will receive a prize with a total value between $10 and $100, depending on the Contest. The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation, any and all local, provincial, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. One prize will be awarded to one winner per contest.
8. Selection and Notification of Winners: The Winner will be the first entrant who correctly guesses the answer to the question during the broadcast of InFocusYXE. Melius Terra Media and Events’ internal production software will aggregate the answers from the various social media platforms and will be used as the sole source for the first correct answer. The Sponsor will notify the Winner by Facebook Messenger or email within five days following Winner’s selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to security or other settings that may cause notifications to not be delivered. Nor shall the Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner(s) fails to 1) claim the prize within five days of winning 2) is found ineligible, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner may be selected. Winners of each InFocus YXE Contest will be asked to provide a valid mailing address. The prize maybe mailed to the winner or in some instances, the prize may be picked up. Receipt of the prize offered in each InFocus YXE contest by the Winner(s) is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry into each InFocus YXE Contest, you understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the InFocus YXE contest, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration.
Entries must be original and not violate anyone’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. Entries that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others may result in the Sponsor invalidating your entry and removing it from the InFocus YXE Contest at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. You shall defend any claims that arise as a result of infringement, or settle against such claims at your sole expense, and You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor from any suit, etc.
10. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the InFocus YXE Contests should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the InFocus YXE Contests. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the InFocus YXE Contests or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the InFocus YXE Contests, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the InFocus YXE Contests may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into an InFocus YXE Contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in an InFocus YXE Contest and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the
Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: The INFOCUS YXE CONTESTS ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND SASKATCHEWAN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with an InFocus YXE Contest, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in Saskatchewan having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering an InFocus YXE Contest). The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winners names or a copy of these Official
Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Melius Terra Media and Events, 131 Riel Crescent, Saskatoon, SK, Canada. Requests must be postmarked no later than five days after each contest.
15. Each InFocus YXE Contest hosted by knowYXE, operated by Melius Terra Media and Events is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or YouTube. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to knowYXE, not Facebook or YouTube.